Our Plans feature lets you customize the (1) access to your Mighty Network, (2) access to Courses and/or Groups within your Mighty Network, or (3) a combination of access to Courses, Groups, and/or your Mighty Network in a Bundle Plan.
Plans can be either External or Internal.
- External Plans are targeted to an audience of prospective members and include Network access. External plans provide options for them to purchase from your Plan Landing Page
- Internal Plans are available for existing members already inside your Network.
Once set up, your members will have the option to purchase your Plans on the web and/or the iOS app. This article will show you an overview of how your members purchase a Visible or Hidden Plan across all three platforms. This article tells you how to get a Share Link for a Visible or Hidden Plan into the hands of the right people.
Create Your First Plan
Here's how the process looks when creating a new Plan:
To get started with Plans, go to Network Settings > Payments to create your first Plan. If you already have at least one Plan created, head over to the Plans page next, then use the + button in the upper right corner to create a new Plan.
From there, the first thing you'll be prompted to do is choose what’s included in the new Plan you're creating:
- Network Access: This option will allow you to market and sell access to your overall Mighty Network plus Courses and/or Groups to people who are prospective members. Network membership can also be excluded which would make your plan available only to existing members. If you include Network access, you’re creating an External Plan.
- Groups and Courses: This option lets you create Plans that enable access to your Groups and/or Courses within your Network. If you’ve excluded the Network access then enabling access to these Spaces, creates an Internal Plan for your existing members.
- Individual Plans: If you’ve chosen to include Network access or access to a single space in your Plan.
- Bundle: This grants someone access to more than one area of your Mighty Network with a single purchase. You can include access to multiple spaces:
- An External Bundle Plan includes Network membership (access to your overall Mighty Network for a non-member) bundled together with access to one or more Courses and/or Groups within your Mighty Network.
- An Internal Bundle Plan grants access to two or more Courses and/or Groups within your Mighty Network that you want to sell to existing members (anyone who already has a Network membership).
Once you've determined who you want to target and what you want to sell, you'll be prompted to create your Plan and customize each element, from how much you want to charge to how you describe the Plan to a prospective buyer.
Here's a breakdown of each decision you will make under Payments:
To make sure you get paid, we process all payments through Stripe, a secure third-party payment processor. You'll need to create a Stripe account for each Mighty Network you set up. Here's more information about how to connect Stripe to your Mighty Network.
There are three different types of pricing Plans you can set up:
- One-Time Payment: A member will pay only once to gain access to what’s included in this Plan. They'll continue to get access as long as they have an active membership in your Mighty Network. The minimum amount you must charge is $0.50.
- Subscription: You have the option to charge members a monthly subscription and an annual subscription, or select between a monthly and annual subscription. Members retain access to what’s included in this Plan as long as they continue paying for the subscription. When you offer both a monthly and annual subscription, we recommend giving members a small discount for choosing the annual option, and the savings will be clearly shown.
- Free: A member will not be charged when they are on a free Plan, and they will be able to access the experiences this Plan grants access to as long as they remain on this Plan. They will not be prompted to enter a credit card or provide payment details.
You also have the option to add a free trial (more details here).
Select the platforms where this plan will be available.
You have the option to make your plan available on:
- Web, Android, and iOS
- Web and Android
- If your Plan is set to free, you must select Web and iOS.
- If a Group and/or Course is paid and does not have an iOS plan, the Group or Course will not be visible in the iOS App.
When you opt for your Plan to be available on web, you have the flexibility to charge up to $10,000 USD.
If you want to charge over $10,000 on Web, or over $999 on iOS, you can use an external payment system.
If you’ve chosen to sell plans in multiple currencies you’ll need to add a price for each currency available in your network.
Choose a Tax Category
This determines which type of taxes your members will be charged. Learn more about each option here.
When setting your price, you'll choose from a list of pre-set prices that end in $0.99 and max out at $999.
For your plan to be sold as an iOS in-app purchase within the Mighty Networks iOS app, Apple has additional fees associated with all purchases, and you may want to take this into consideration when you price your iOS plan. Apple also has a separate review process. Once your plan is approved by Apple, you will receive an email notification. Though Apple approval timelines vary widely, your plans will be available on web immediately!
For purchases made through the Mighty Networks iOS app, all payments are processed using Apple In-App Purchases and these are managed via the App Store. When a member buys through iOS, Apple’s standard policy requires that they take a 15% transaction fee per each transaction. Mighty Networks does not charge a transaction fee for any iOS purchases. Also keep in mind that when you create a new plan and set up pricing for that plan, you always have the option to increase the price only on iOS, as a way to offset Apple's required fees.
When you choose to sell paid plans on the web, the Android app will display a message indicating that plans are available and can be purchased on the mobile browser or desktop web.
What members will see in the Android app:
We have decided to not use Google Play Store's purchase system for the following reasons:
- Google will take 30% of your transactions.
- Google Play Store price points are very restrictive. For example, you cannot charge more than $400 USD vs. Apple's $999.99 USD upper limit.
Payouts, Taxes, and Currency
Mighty Networks handles all payouts from Apple and will transfer money to you monthly. Apple also handles all taxes and applicable currency conversions.
Plan Name & Target Audience
Your Plan Name is the name that's displayed to members when they see the option to purchase this Plan. It's also the name they see when they go to manage their purchases. Under most circumstances, we recommend using the title of your Mighty Network or the name of the Group and/or Course you're selling when you fill out this field.
Your Target Audience was already set based on the previous steps that you took when creating a new Plan, so it cannot be changed here.
Image or Video
When you create a plan, you'll see an option to add an image or video that will be visible at the top of your Plan page.
This is a short tagline that appears alongside the Plan name. Use this space to share with members why they should buy this Plan. You are limited to 120 characters.
This list will highlight the benefits your members will receive when they purchase this Plan. We recommend adding at least three!
If you're creating a Plan that's designed to sell access to overall Network membership or an individual Group or Course, the existing description will be automatically pulled in as the description for this Plan.
You can change this any time by going into General Settings for your overall Mighty Network or the settings for the Group or Course that you're selling.
For all Bundle Plans (both Internal and External), you'll see an option to fill out a custom description that will allow you to describe in detail what someone will get when they purchase this Plan. This area has a full WYSIWYG editor available so you can add images, formatted text, multiple sections, and more.
Create Your Plan
Once you've filled out the steps above, you'll see a preview of how your new Plan will look to your members.
Finally, you’ll click the Create Plan button.
As soon as you create your new Plan, it will immediately be approved to sell on the Web. You can choose to keep this plan Hidden and only invite members to purchase via a Share Link on the Web, or you can make it Visible so that anyone can purchase.
For your plan to be sold as an iOS in-app purchase within the Mighty Networks iOS app, Apple has a separate review process. Once your plan is approved by Apple, you will receive an email notification. While Apple approval timelines vary widely, you’ll be able to start selling on Web.
To see more about how members purchase Plans and how Plans on iOS will appear to members before the Plans are approved, check out this article.
Have more questions? Send us a note.
Updated August 2022