Our Plans feature lets you charge for (1) access to your Mighty Network, (2) access to Courses and/or Groups within your Mighty Network, or (3) a combination of access to Courses, Groups, and/or your Mighty Network in a Bundle Plan.
Plans can be either Visible, meaning anyone can purchase them from your Plan Landing Page, or Hidden, meaning that only people with a link to that Plan can buy it.
Once set up, your members will have the option to purchase your Plans on the web, the Android app, and/or the iOS app. This article will show you an overview of how your members purchase a Visible or Hidden Plan across all three platforms. This article tells you how to get a Share Link for a Visible or Hidden Plan into the hands of the right people.
Create Your First Plan
Here's how the full page looks like when you create your plan:
To get started with Plans, go to Network Settings > Payments to create your first Plan. If you already have at least one Plan created, head over to the Plans page next, then use the + button in the upper right corner to create a new Plan.
From there, the first thing you'll be prompted to do is choose a target audience for the new Plan you're creating:
- External Audience (Non-Members): This option will allow you to market and sell access to your overall Mighty Network plus Courses and/or Groups to people who are not yet members. Network membership will always be included with an External Plan.
- Internal Audience (Members): This option lets you create Plans that existing members of your Mighty Network can purchase. Choose this option if you want to make a Plan available for your existing Mighty Network members to purchase.
Once you choose the audience you want to target with your new Plan, you'll be prompted to select what you want to sell. Depending on the audience above, you'll have the following options:
- Sell a Network Membership: This grants someone access to your overall Mighty Network. You'll only see this option if you first selected that you want to target an External Audience.
- Sell Access to a Single Course or Group: This option grants someone access to an individual Course or Group within your Mighty Network. You'll see this option if you chose to sell to an Internal Audience (existing members of your Mighty Network).
- Sell a Bundle: This grants someone access to more than one area of your Mighty Network with a single purchase. You can sell two different types of Bundles:
- An External Bundle Plan includes Network membership (access to your overall Mighty Network for a non-member) bundled together with access to one or more Courses and/or Groups within your Mighty Network.
- An Internal Bundle Plan grants access to two or more Courses and/or Groups within your Mighty Network that you want to sell to existing members (anyone who already has a Network membership).
When you're targeting an External Audience, you must include Network membership. This means that to this audience you can only sell a standalone Network membership or an External Bundle Plan (a bundle of Groups and/or Courses that also includes an overall Network membership).
Once you've determined who you want to target and what you want to sell, you'll be prompted to create your Plan and customize each element, from how much you want to charge to how you describe the Plan to a prospective buyer.
Here's a breakdown of each decision you will make under Payments:
To make sure you get paid, we process all payments through Stripe, a secure third-party payment processor. You'll need to create a Stripe account for each Mighty Network you set up. Here's more information about how to connect Stripe to your Mighty Network.
There are three different types of pricing Plans you can set up:
- One-Time Payment: A member will pay only once to gain access to what’s included in this Plan. They'll continue to get access as long as they have an active membership in your Mighty Network. The minimum amount you must charge is $0.50.
- Subscription: You have the option to charge members a monthly subscription and an annual subscription, or select between a monthly and annual subscription. Members retain access to the what’s included in this Plan as long as they continue paying for the subscription. When you offer both a monthly and annual subscription, we recommend giving members a small discount for choosing the annual option, and the savings will be clearly shown.
- Free: A member will not be charged when they are on a free Plan, and they will be able to access the experiences this Plan grants access to as long as they remain on this Plan. They will not be prompted to enter a credit card or provide payment details.
You also have the option to add a free trial (more details here).
Select the platforms where this plan will be available.
You have the option to make your plan available on:
- Web, Android, and iOS
- Web and Android only
- iOS only
- If your Plan is set to free, you must select Web, Android, and iOS.
- If a Group and/or Course is paid and does not have an iOS plan, the Group or Course will not be visible in the iOS App.
On Web and Android
When you opt for your Plan to be available on Web and Android, you have the flexibility to charge up to $10,000 USD.
Choose a Tax Category
This determines which type of taxes your members will be charged. Learn more about each option here.
When setting your price, you'll choose from a list of pre-set prices that end in $0.99 and max out at $999.
For your plan to be sold as an iOS in-app purchase within the Mighty Networks iOS app, Apple has additional fees associated with all purchases, and you may want to take this into consideration when you price your iOS plan. Apple also has a separate review process. Once your plan is approved by Apple, you will receive an email notification. Though Apple approval timelines vary widely, your plans will be available on Web and Android immediately!
Payouts, Taxes, and Currency
Mighty Networks handles all payouts from Apple and will transfer money to you monthly. Apple also handles all taxes and applicable currency conversions.
Plan Name & Target Audience
Your Plan Name is the name that's displayed to members when they see the option to purchase this Plan. It's also the name they see when they go to manage their purchases. Under most circumstances, we recommend using the title of your Mighty Network or the name of the Group and/or Course you're selling when you fill out this field.
Your Target Audience was already set based on the previous steps that you took when creating a new Plan, so it cannot be changed here.
Image or Video
When you create a plan, you'll see an option to add an image or video that will be visible at the top of your Plan page.
This is a short tagline that appears alongside the Plan name. Use this space to share with members why they should buy this Plan. You are limited to 120 characters.
This list will highlight the benefits your members will receive when they purchase this Plan. We recommend adding at least three!
If you're creating a Plan that's designed to sell access to overall Network membership or an individual Group or Course, the existing description will be automatically pulled in as the description for this Plan.
You can change this any time by going into General Settings for your overall Mighty Network or the settings for the Group or Course that you're selling.
For all Bundle Plans (both Internal and External), you'll see an option to fill out a custom description that will allow you to describe in detail what someone will get when they purchase this Plan. This area has a full WYSIWYG editor available so you can add images, formatted text, multiple sections, and more.
Create Your Plan
Once you've filled out the steps above, you'll see a preview of how your new Plan will look to your members.
Finally, you’ll click the Create Plan button.
As soon as you create your new Plan, it will immediately be approved to sell on the Web and via our Mighty Networks Android app. You can choose to keep this plan Hidden and only invite members to purchase via a Share Link on the Web, or you can make it Visible so that anyone can purchase.
For your plan to be sold as an iOS in-app purchase within the Mighty Networks iOS app, Apple has a separate review process. Once your plan is approved by Apple, you will receive an email notification. While Apple approval timelines vary widely, you’ll be able to start selling on Web and Android immediately!
To see more about how members purchase Plans and how Plans on iOS will appear to members before the Plans are approved, check out this article.