There are two types of administrators in your Mighty Network: Hosts and Moderators.
Here’s how the permissions for each role breaks down.
Network Hosts have full access to everything in Network Settings, including the ability to:
- Change all branding and design options (including the Landing Page)
- Turn on and off all premium features, including Groups and Courses
- Notify all members when adding a new post or using the Message All Members feature
- Access all payments features, including managing the Stripe connection and seeing Income Reports
- Receive notifications when content is flagged
- Download a full member export (if your Mighty Network is on The Business Plan or above)
- Manage the form of payment you have in your Mighty Network
- Upgrade or downgrade the Mighty Network
- Delete the Mighty Network
Network Moderators are a more limited role focused on moderating members, content, and features.
These are the actions a Network Moderator can take:
- Create Quick Posts, Articles, Polls & Questions, and Events if these features are enabled for Hosts and Moderators
- Notify all members when adding a new Quick Post, Article, Question, Poll, or Event or using the Message All Members feature
- Edit and delete comments and replies from other members
- Remove or ban members, including fellow Network Moderators (but not Network Hosts,
or members who joined through a Plan).
- Add and edit Topics
- Turn on and off and manage all Premium Features within Network Settings (including Groups and Courses)
- Approve requests to join
- See and approve or decline requests to join in a private Mighty Network
- Can view all dashboards on Mighty Insights except the Plans dashboard that reports revenue.
- Send Network Invites, upload CSV, import contacts, invite members
- View Sent Invites, see all sent invites (but with email addresses blocked out for invites you didn't send), send other people's invite reminders, revoke other people's invites.
- Welcome new members
- Schedule Posts
A Network Moderator cannot…
- Access the Mighty Checklist or General Settings
- Remove members from a plan.
- Access or manage payments features, including managing the Stripe connection and seeing Income Reports
- View or manage the Mighty Network plan or billing data
- Download the member list
- Toggle on or off content types like Articles, Questions & Polls, etc.
- Add to or edit the Welcome and Featured Sections
- Manage or reorder Discovery
- Change member roles
- View the Plans Dashboard on Mighty Insights
- See email addresses of invites they didn't send.
- Go Live in your Mighty Network
- Upgrade or downgrade your Mighty Network
Network Hosts will always have any of the permissions that Network Moderators would have.
When you add Moderators, you can recruit a team to welcome new members, contribute posts, invite and encourage members, and drive regularly scheduled Events in your community that will make it thrive.
Group Hosts and Course Hosts
Groups can have Group Hosts or Group Moderators, and Courses can also have multiple levels of admins. Read more about how to manage a Group as a Group Host right here, and learn about how to handle Hosts, Moderators, and Instructors in a Course right here.
With Groups enabled on The Community Plan or The Business Plan you can also separately assign Host and Moderator permission to a group space. This would give the permissions you see above but only in the group (so Group Hosts could not delete the entire network, for example). Please note: it will not give the Group Hosts access to income reports or plan information.
And on Mighty Pro, you can empower Group and Course Hosts to livestream in those spaces.
Note: for any content that you create in your Mighty Network (including Quick Posts, Articles, Events, Polls, and Questions), only Network Moderators and Hosts can schedule the content to publish at a later date.
To learn more about how to promote members to Hosts or Moderators, check out Can I Add Other Hosts and Moderators to My Mighty Network?