Notifications are updates about activity in your Mighty Network. You can change what you're notified about and how you're notified by clicking your profile picture and going to Personal Settings -> Notifications.
To see how member notifications work, check out this article: How Your Notifications Work as a Member
Three Ways You Receive Notifications
You can receive notifications in three ways: in-app, email, and mobile push notifications.
In-app notifications: By default, you will receive notifications based on your notification
settings via the bell icon in the upper-right corner when logged in on desktop or mobile web, or in the bottom-right corner on the iOS or Android app.
Email notifications (on by default when joining via desktop, off by default when joining via the mobile app): If you have Email Updates turned on in notification settings, you will receive email notifications at the email address you used to join your Mighty Network.
Mobile push notifications (off by default): These notifications will appear on your mobile device when activity happens in your Mighty Network. Here’s what a mobile push notification looks like:
How to Enable or Disable Email and Mobile Push Notifications
Email notifications are on by default, sent as a Daily Digest of unread notifications from that day. To toggle email notifications on or off, click your profile picture -> Personal Settings -> Notifications. From there, you can easily toggle email notifications on or off.
Why does it say that I'm unsubscribed?
A Host or Moderator can be marked as unsubscribed for a few reasons:
- The email provider is flagging "@mn.co" email notifications.
- The email provider’s settings have been updated, so they flag our email notifications.
- The email provider’s filters pick up the "@mn.co" email address and bounce the email.
- The email provider has "@mn.co" on a spam list, which flags our email delivery system.
- The member accidentally marked our emails as spam.
To help prevent this, we encourage you to safelist @mn.co emails within your email provider. For more information on those steps, visit: https://thegoodlifepath.org/safelist/.
If you need to resubscribe yourself to our emails, you will see a "Contact Support" button in your notification settings. Tap that button, or drop us a note in Host Help and we’ll help you get back on track.
Choose Email Frequency
When someone joins a Mighty Network, they automatically receive a Daily Digest of notifications. If they prefer to receive notifications As Activity Happens, they can switch to that option.
The Daily Digest is sent at 5:00 PM your local time (time may vary) with a summary of your unread notifications. Note that time-sensitive notifications (like event reminders) may still send As Activity Happens. If you click on an in-app notification, it is considered to be read and won’t appear in the Daily Digest.
The Daily Digest can include a combination of the following notifications:
- New Posts & Activity: New content, comments, @Mentions, and one-on-one Private Chat messages, plus Event and Poll-related updates
- New Course Content: Published and unlocked Course content
- Welcome message to a Mighty Network, Group, or Course
- Notify All Members (As a Host when adding a new post, question, poll, or Event, you can choose to notify all members)
- Ambassador Program Updates: Referred Members joined, new Ambassador level reached
The following notifications bypass the Daily Digest and are sent in real-time:
- Message all members from Hosts
- Your Host just went Live
- Event Reminders
- User or Post Reported - Network Host-only
Mobile Push Notifications
Mobile Push notifications are off by default. To enable Mobile Push notifications, first, download the Mighty Networks App.
When you’re logged in on the web, click on the Download App button which prompts you to enter your mobile number. You will then receive an SMS Text with a link to download the app.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll be prompted to enable mobile push notifications.
If you’d like to manage your mobile push notifications moving forward, you can do so by tapping your profile picture -> Personal Settings -> Notifications. From there, you can toggle mobile push notifications on or off.
If you previously turned off mobile push notifications through your mobile device settings or didn’t allow notifications when prompted, then you may need to visit your device settings to manually allow the Mighty Networks app to send mobile push notifications. Here’s what that looks like on iOS devices:
How to Adjust Which Notifications You Receive
All notifications are turned on when you join a Mighty Network except for ‘All Posts.' Once you've selected how you want to be notified, you can toggle which types of notifications you want to receive via email and/or mobile push. You will always receive in-app notifications for any notifications you have toggled on.
Here is a full list of your notifications:
- Cheers On Your Stuff: When others cheer on Quick Posts, Articles, Questions, Polls, and Comments you created.
- Comments On Your Stuff: When others comment on Quick Posts, Articles, Events, Questions, and Polls you created.
- Comments After You: When others comment after your comment or reply after your reply.
- @Mentions: When others tag you directly in a Post or Comment.
- Updates From Your Hosts: When a Host posts or sends a Message to All Members.
- Event Updates and Reminders: When an Event Host sends an update or when reminders are sent before an Event starts.
- Poll Answers and Results: When others vote on your Poll.
- Activities Relevant to You: When people near you join, or when there is relevant trending activity.
- Activities From Members You Follow: When a member you follow publishes a post
- Chat Messages: When other members and Hosts send you Private Chat messages.
- Ambassador Notifications: When a member you referred joins the Network, and when you level up your Ambassador status.
- New Course Material: When new Course material is published or unlocked.
- Livestream: When a Host goes live anywhere in the Network.
- All Posts: When any new Post is published
- Hosts and Moderators: Invite Requests: Be notified of new requests to join. Only Hosts and Moderators of the Mighty Network, and of any Private Group and Course can see this.
- Hosts and Moderators: New Members Joined: Be notified when new members join the Mighty Network, a Group, or a Course. Only Hosts and Moderators see this.
- Hosts and Moderators: Checklist Completed: Receive a notification each time a member in the network completes their Welcome Checklist.
You can also turn on notifications for specific Groups and Courses that you are a member of.
If you turn off email and mobile push notifications at the Network level, you will not receive notifications for Groups or Courses.
Other Notifications You May Receive
You will also receive the following types of notifications that won’t appear in the Daily Digest:
- Welcomes, invites, reminders, and approvals to join a Mighty Network, Group, or Course
- List of Mighty Networks you’re a member of (when requested via mightynetworks.com)
- Password or sign-in-related notifications
- Reported users, posts, and hidden posts (when a post is reported by at least two members, it will be hidden from the Activity Feed)
- Event duplication notification
- Downloaded Member list, Plan list
- Custom domain status updates (ready to activate, activated, and failed)
- Plan approved/rejected by Apple
- Income reports are available
- Member(s) not renewing subscription(s)
- Currency is ready to be made Visible/has failed
- Quaderno account disconnected
- Your Mighty Network’s Plan (eg. Business or Community Plan) payment confirmed or lapsed
- Upgrades to your Mighty Network’s Plan (eg. from Community to Business)
- Changes to your Mighty Network’s Plan Interval (eg. from Monthly to Annual)
- Download Group/Course Member List
- Event RSVP download
- Event duplication
- Event RSVP download
Course Instructor (Host or Moderator):
- You have been assigned a Section or Lesson
- Duplication of a Course, Section, Lesson that you are assigned.
- Comments on a Lesson you are the Instructor for. (If other Course Instructors want to receive these notifications, they need to toggle on “All Posts” in their notification settings).
Updated August, 2022