If you're moving to a Mighty Network from another platform, you may already have members paying for access to your Course, Group, or community that who you want to bring over to your Mighty Network. (If your members aren't paying, then you can read about how to move them over via bulk invites here).
You won't be able to simply transfer their membership or create accounts for them, but we do have a recommended approach for incentivizing them to make the move. This involves having them sign up for a Plan with a Free Trial that covers more than the amount of time they have remaining on their membership in your previous platform. The extra time they get will be a gift for making the move!
Here's how it works:
1. Organize your members into cohorts as follows based on the amount of time they have remaining on their membership in your Course, Group, or community:
- Has more than 6 months but less than one year of access remaining
- Has more than 3 months but less than 6 months access remaining
- Has more than 1 month but less than 3 months remaining
- Has 1 month or less remaining
2. Create a hidden subscription Plan that provides access to the Course, Group, or membership, with a different Free Trial length for each of the above cohorts. Set the price you want them to pay when the Free Trial period is up, and set the plan up as a monthly or annual renewal depending on how the member was previously paying.
- Create a plan with a 1-year Free Trial for members with 6 months-1 year remaining
- Create a plan with a 6-month Free Trial for members with 3-6 months remaining
- Create a plan with a 3-month Free Trial for members with 1-3 months remaining
- Create a plan with a 1-month Free Trial for members with 1 month or less remaining
3. In the case of members with lifetime access, create a hidden free Plan, which provides forever access.
4. Create Share Links for each of the Plans you created. Once you've messaged your members about the transition and are ready to move them over, email each cohort with the share link for the corresponding Plan you've created.
Although members may receive more free months than their remaining payment on the former platform allots for, it's a good marketing technique to ensure your members move platforms, because they'll feel appreciated receiving a few more complimentary months.
Updated July 2022