When you create a Mighty Network, you are automatically designated as the Host of your new community. We call admins or creators of a Mighty Network "Hosts" because we believe that running a Mighty Network should be more like a party and less like an admin job. 😉
It's important to note that every Mighty Network is standalone, which means that you do need to set up a separate profile and login for every Mighty Network that you’re a part of (although you *can* feel free to use the same login information for each!).
We make it easy to switch between networks in the Mighty Networks apps once you log in the first time, and from that point on it should be quick to switch between communities without needing to log in again.
On the web, the same goes—once you're logged in, you can just go to the URL in your web browser for the Mighty Network you want to visit and it should be easy to hop back in.
As the Host of a Mighty Network, you have complete control over the experience that you create for your members, and you have access to a full suite of Network Settings that you can find on the web by going to the "Manage" button at the top of your feed, or by going to Your Profile > Network Settings.
You can find a deep dive into how to set up and use each of these features in your Mighty Checklist.
You also have a personal profile that you set up as Host of your Mighty Network.
In your profile, you can add:
- A profile photo (this has a minimum size of 500 x 500 pixels and will be cropped into a circle). You’ll have a default abstract image here until you add a photo.
- A cover photo. This will appear as a horizontal banner on desktop and cropped to be a vertical background on mobile—so an image that’s not too busy and can be cut off works best.
- A short bio that is fully searchable
- Your location (if desired)
- Your timezone
- Up to 10 personal links
- An “About Me” introduction (when you fill this out it’ll automatically post in the Activity Feed on web so others can comment and welcome you. It won't appear on mobile apps.)
You can also add up to 10 personal links under your profile. Add all your social media profiles and the platform name and icon will be pulled in. If you add additional links, like one to a specific YouTube video, the video title will be pulled in. You can also add links to your personal website or blog.
Your personal links will display like this:
Here's how it looks on mobile:
A couple of things to note:
Twitter and Instagram are strict about what we can pull in, so you’ll only see “Twitter” and “Instagram,” even if you’re linking to multiple profiles or posts.
If your Facebook links are to private profiles or groups, it will also pull up “Facebook” as the description.
Here are a few other ways that you can manage your profile and personal settings within your own Mighty Network:
Updated January 2023