Occasionally, you may need to move a member from a free plan to a paid plan in your Mighty Network (or alternatively, from a paid plan to a free plan).
Moving a Member from a Free Plan to a Paid Plan
It's not possible to directly move a member from a free plan to a paid plan in your Mighty Network without taking a couple of extra steps. This is by design, as a member needs to opt into paying for a new plan before they can be added to it.
First, remove the member from the free plan they are currently on. To move someone from one plan to another, just go to Network Settings > Payments > Plans and select the plan they are currently on. Under the Plan Members tab, you'll see the list of members currently on that plan.
From here, you can use the three dot menu next to someone's information to remove them from this plan. Just select the option that says "Remove from Plan."
Then, you need to direct the member to return to your Mighty Network or the group or course they were currently part of, so they can purchase a plan to continue getting access. You can also send them a direct link to purchase the plan.
Another option you can take if you want to move members in bulk from a free plan to a paid plan is to simply deactivate the free plan that will be automatically generated if you are changing the status of your network (or a group or course within your network) from public/free to paid. This action will kick everyone out of that plan AND the area associated with that plan, so keep that in mind if you choose this route.
Moving a Member from a Paid Plan to a Free Plan
If you want to move a member from a paid plan to a free plan or a differently priced plan, keep these conditions in mind:
- The new plan you move them to must be free or have the same subscription interval (monthly or annual).
- The new plan must be at the same price or at a lower price.
- The new plan must be targeted at the same audience (either an Internal Audience or an External Audience). Go here to learn more about how these two options differ.
Then, as soon as you move them to the new plan, the following will happen:
- The member will have their existing subscription canceled effective on the next billing date.
- The member will start their subscription on the new plan at the end of the billing period for their current subscription.
- An email notification will be sent to the member informing them that their plan has changed.
To move someone from one plan to another, just go to Network Settings > Payments > Plans and select the plan they are currently on. Under the Plan Members tab, you'll see the list of members currently on that plan.
From here, you can use the three dot menu next to someone's information to move them to another plan. Just select the option that says "Move to Plan."
If you have more questions and you can't find the answer in our Help Center, just send us a note and we'll get back to you as quickly as we can!