Once set up, your members will have the option to purchase your Plans on the web, the iOS app, or the Android app. This article will show you an overview of how your members purchase a Plan across all three platforms. This article tells you how to get a Share Link to get either Visible or Hidden Plans into the hands of the right people.
Create Your First Plan
To set up your first Plan, watch this video tutorial (or you can read the steps below):
To get started with Plans, go to Network Settings > Get Paid. If you already have at least one plan created, head over to the Plans page next, then use the + button in the upper right corner to create a new plan.
From there, the first thing you'll be prompted to do is choose a target audience for the new plan you're creating:
- External Audience (Non-Members): This option will allow you to market and sell access to Courses, Groups, or your overall Mighty Network to people who are not yet members. Network Membership will always be included with an External Plan.
- Internal Audience (Members): This option lets you create Plans that existing members of your Mighty Network can purchase. Choose this option if you want to make a Plans available for your existing Mighty Network members to purchase.
Once you choose the audience you want to target with your new Plan, you'll be prompted to select what you want to sell. Depending on the audience above, you'll have the following options:
- Sell a Network Membership: This grants someone access to your overall Mighty Network. You'll only see this option if you first selected that you want to target an External Audience.
- Sell Access to a Single Course or Group: This grants someone access to an individual Course or Group that you want to sell within your Mighty Network. You'll see this option if you selected that you want to target an Internal Audience (existing members of your Mighty Network).
- Sell a Bundle: This grants someone access to more than one area of your Mighty Network with just one purchase. You can sell two different types of Bundles:
- An External Bundle Plan includes Network Membership (access to your overall Mighty Network for a non-member) bundled together with access to one or more courses and/or groups that exist within your Mighty Network.
- An Internal Bundle Plan grants access to two or more courses and/or groups within your Mighty Network that you want to sell to existing members (anyone who already has a Network Membership).
One thing to keep in mind when you're targeting an External Audience, you must include a Network Membership. This means that to this audience you can only sell a standalone Network Membership or an External Bundle Plan (a bundle of groups and/or courses that also includes an overall Network Membership).
Once you've determined who you want to target and what you want to sell, you'll be prompted to create your Plan and customize each element, from how much you want to charge to how you describe the Plan to a new member.
Fill Out Your Plan Page
Here's a snapshot of what setting up a Plan looks like:
Customize Your Plan
Each time you create a new Plan, you'll see several fields that need to be filled out. Once you select exactly which group(s) and/or course(s) you want to sell (and if you want to bundle Network Membership into the Plan), you need to choose a pricing type, select the price you want to sell this Plan for, and fill out some descriptive information so that your members have a clear idea of what they are about to purchase.
Here's a breakdown of each step:
There are three different types of pricing Plans you can set up:
- One-Time Payment: A member will pay only once to gain access to the experiences this Plan grants access to. They'll continue to get access as long as they have an active membership in your Mighty Network.
- Subscription: You have the option to charge members a monthly fee, an annual fee, or select between a monthly and annual subscription. Members retain access to the experiences this Plan grants access to as long as they continue paying the subscription price. When you offer both a monthly and annual subscription, we recommend giving members a small discount for choosing the annual option, and the savings will be clearly shown. You also have the option to add a free trial (more details here).
- Free: A member will not be charged when they are on a free Plan, and they will be able to access the experiences this Plan grants access to as long as they remain on this Plan. They will not be prompted to enter a credit card or provide payment details.
When setting your price, you'll choose from a list of pre-set prices that end in $0.99 and max out at $999. This is an Apple limitation that becomes well-worth it in exchange for the dramatically higher engagement offered by accessing your Network, Courses, and Groups on the Mighty Networks iOS app.
When you choose how much your Plan will cost, by default, the price(s) you select for a Plan will be consistent across the web, the iOS app, and the Android app. However, you do have the option to set a separate, increased price just for iOS purchases.
Separate Price for Purchases through the iOS app (Optional)
While Apple does NOT require you to market your Plans to your current email list or following, it does require all Plans offered on the web to also be available on the iOS app in exchange for access to the iOS app.
For the extremely small percentage of people who will find your Plans through the Mighty Networks iOS app, Apple will take 30% of your Plan price in the first year, and 15% thereafter.
As a result, we also offer you have the option to set a separate price just for iOS app purchases, if you want to charge more on iOS. The price you set for purchases made through the iOS app will only show on iOS devices and will be viewed by a very small number of people.
This is the name that's displayed to members when they see the option to purchase this Plan. It's also the name they see when they go to manage their purchases. Under most circumstances, we recommend using the title of your Mighty Network or the name of the group and/or course you're selling when you fill out this field.
Your Target Audience was already set based on the previous steps that you took when creating a new Plan, so it cannot be changed here.
Image or Video
If you're creating an Internal Bundle Plan or an External Bundle Plan, you'll see an option to add an image or video that will be visible at the top of your Plan page.
This is a short tagline that appears alongside the Plan name. Use this space to share with members why they should buy this Plan.
Create a bulleted list highlighting the benefits your members will receive when they choose this Plan. We recommend adding at least three!
If you're creating a Plan that's designed to sell access to a single experience (like an overall Network Membership, or access to an individual group or course), the existing description will be automatically pulled in as the description for this Plan. You can change this anytime by going into General Settings for your overall Mighty Network or within the group or course that you're selling.
For all Bundle Plans (both Internal and External), you'll see an option to fill out a custom description that will allow you to describe in detail what someone is going to get when they purchase this Plan. This area has a full WYSIWYG editor available so you can add images, formatted text, multiple sections, and more.
Connect to Stripe
To make sure you get paid, we process all payments through Stripe, a secure third-party payment processor. You'll need to create a Stripe account for each Mighty Network you set up. Here's more information about how to connect Stripe to your Mighty Network.
Submit Your Plan
Once you've filled out the steps above, you'll see a preview of how your new Plan will look to your members. Then, it's time to submit your new Plan.
As soon as you submit your new Plan, it will immediately be approved to sell on Web and via our Mighty Networks Android app. You can choose to keep this plan Hidden and only invite members to purchase via a Share Link on the Web, or you can make it Visible so that anyone can purchase.
For your plan to be sold as an iOS in-app purchase within the Mighty Networks iOS app, Apple has a separate review process that typically takes 7-10 days. Once your plan is approved by Apple, you will receive an email notification. As Apple approval timelines vary widely, we encourage you to start selling on Web and Android as soon as you're ready!
To see more about how members purchase Plans and what Plans on iOS will look like before they are approved, check out this article.
Make a Plan Visible Once It Is Approved
By default, all new Plans are marked as Hidden as soon as they are approved. Before your new Plan can be available for purchase on the web, iOS app, and Android app, you need to make it Visible.
Once you get a notification that your Plan is approved, it will automatically show up when you go to Network Settings > Get Paid > Plans. This is also where you'll see a full list of all Plans you've created with options to manage your Plans.
- A Hidden Plan is not available for anyone to purchase unless they have been invited to purchase it via a special Share Link.
- A Visible Plan is available for people to purchase. Non-members will be able to purchase Plans that you create for an External Audiences (meaning the Plan includes a Network Membership) from your Mighty Network's landing page as soon as your Plan is visible. This applies to internal Plans as well. Once visible, all members of your Mighty Network can see and purchase this Plan.
From there, you're all set! Your new Plan is available for purchase and you can start charging for your Mighty Network. Here's where to learn more about how to manage your Plans.