With your Mighty Network, you can set up a paywall across your entire Mighty Network, you can charge for access to individual Groups or Courses, and you can even sell access to bundles of groups and/or courses that you want to sell together as a package. These features are designed to be flexible so that you can have multiple membership levels within your Mighty Network and members can quickly and easily pay to get access to these experiences.
In all cases when you have payments set up in your Mighty Network, your members will have the option to purchase plans that you create on the web, the iOS app, or the Android app. This article will show you an overview of how your members purchase a plan across all three platforms.
Getting Started with Payments
Before you get started with creating your first plan, we recommend downloading our Guide to Setting Up Payments. This PDF download will help make the best decisions for your business based on your goals and priorities.
Then, check out the video below to get a a comprehensive overview of the steps you need to take when creating a new plan. You can also keep reading for a full description of what's possible and how to set up your first plan!
Creating Your First Plan
When you're ready to create your first plan for members to purchase, get started by going to Network Settings > Get Paid. If you already have at least one plan created, head over to the Plans page next, then use the + button in the upper right corner to create a new plan.
From there, the first thing you'll be prompted to do is choose a target audience for the new plan you're creating.
You'll see two options for the audience you want to target when you create a new plan:
- External Audience (Non-Members): This option will allow you to market and sell access to your overall Mighty Network to people who are not yet members. Network Membership will always be included with an External Plan.
- Internal Audience (Members): This option lets you create plans that existing members of your Mighty Network can purchase. Choose this option if you want to make a group or course available for your existing Mighty Network members to purchase (or a bundle of groups and/or courses that you want to sell together as a package).
Once you choose the audience you want to target with your new plan, you'll be prompted to select what you want to sell.
Depending on the audience that you're targeting, you'll have these options:
- Sell a Network Membership: This grants someone access to your overall Mighty Network. You'll only see this option if you first selected that you want to target an External Audience.
- Sell Access to a Single Group or Course: This grants someone access to an individual group or course that you want to sell within your Mighty Network. You'll see this option if you selected that you want to target an Internal Audience (existing members of your Mighty Network).
- Sell a Bundle: This grants someone access to more than one area of your Mighty Network with just one purchase. You can sell two different types of Bundles:
- An External Bundle Plan includes Network Membership (access to your overall Mighty Network for a non-member) bundled together with access to one or more courses and/or groups that exist within your Mighty Network.
- An Internal Bundle Plan grants access to two or more courses and/or groups within your Mighty Network that you want to sell to existing members (anyone who already has a Network Membership).
One thing to keep in mind is that when you're targeting an External Audience (non-members of your Mighty Network), including a Network Membership is required. This means that to this audience you can only sell a standalone Network Membership or an External Bundle Plan (a bundle of groups and/or courses that also includes an overall Network Membership).
Once you've determined who you want to target and what you want to sell, you'll be prompted to create your plan and customize each element, from how much you want to charge to how you describe the plan to a new member.
Here's a snapshot of what this page looks like:
Customizing Your Plan
Each time you create a new plan, you'll see several fields that need to be filled out. Once you select exactly which group(s) and/or course(s) you want to sell (and if you want to bundle Network Membership into the plan), you need to choose a pricing type, select the price you want to sell this plan for, and fill out some descriptive information so that your members have a clear idea of what they are about to purchase.
Here's a breakdown of each step:
There are three different types of pricing plans you can set up:
One-Time Payment: A member will pay only once to gain access to the experiences this plan grants access to. They'll continue to get access as long as they have an active membership in your Mighty Network.
Subscription: You have the option to charge members a monthly fee, an annual fee, or select between a monthly and annual subscription. Members retain access to the experiences this plan grants access to as long as they continue paying the subscription price. When you offer both a monthly and annual subscription, we recommend giving members a small discount for choosing the annual option, and the savings will be clearly shown. You also have the option to add a free trial (more details here).
Free: A member will not be charged when they are on a free plan, and they will be able to access the experiences this plan grants access to as long as they remain on this plan. They will not be prompted to enter a credit card or provide payment details.
When you choose how much your plan will cost, keep in mind that the price(s) you select for a plan will be consistent across the web, the iOS app, and the Android app. The same price will appear to members across all three platforms to ensure that everyone has a consistent experience, no matter how they choose to access your Mighty Network. (One exception: you have the option to set a separate, increased price just for iOS purchases—see below!)
Increase Price for Purchases through the iOS app (Optional)
Because Apple takes a 30% cut of all purchases made on the iOS app (go here to read more about how you get paid and applicable fees), you have the option to set a separate, increased price just for iOS app purchases. In this case, the price you set for purchases made through the iOS app will only show on iOS devices.
This is the name that's displayed to members when they see the option to purchase this plan. It's also the name they see when they go to manage their purchases. Under most circumstances, we recommend using the title of your Mighty Network or the name of the group and/or course you're selling when you fill out this field.
Your Target Audience was already set based on the previous steps that you took when creating a new plan, so it cannot be changed here.
Image or Video
If you're creating an Internal Bundle Plan or an External Bundle Plan, you'll see an option to add an image or video that will be visible at the top of your plan page.
This is a short tagline that appears alongside the plan name. Use this space to share with members why they should buy this plan.
Create a bulleted list highlighting the benefits your members will receive when they choose this plan. We recommend adding at least three!
If you're creating a plan that's designed to sell access to a single experience (like an overall Network Membership, or access to an individual group or course), the existing description will be automatically pulled in as the description for this plan. You can change this anytime by going into General Settings for your overall Mighty Network or within the group or course that you're selling.
For all Bundle Plans (both Internal and External), you'll see an option to fill out a custom description that will allow you to describe in detail what someone is going to get when they purchase this plan. This area has a full WYSIWYG editor available so you can add images, formatted text, multiple sections, and more.
Connecting to Stripe
To make sure you get paid, we process all payments through Stripe, a secure third-party payment processor. You can connect your existing Stripe account, or follow their instructions to create a new account with Stripe. Here's more information about how to connect Stripe to your Mighty Network.
Submitting Your Plan for Approval
Once you've filled out all the steps above, you'll see a preview of how your new plan will look to your members. Then, it's time to submit your new plan!
Because each plan you create will be available as an in-app purchase on iOS, our friends at Apple require that all new plans be reviewed and approved before they can be sold. Just follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to submit your plan, and we'll handle the rest. New plans typically take up to 7 days to be approved, and you will be notified as soon as your plan is ready to go live.
Making a Plan Visible Once It Is Approved
Once you get a notification that your plan is approved, it will automatically show up when you go to Network Settings > Get Paid > Plans. This is also where you'll see a full list of all plans you've created with options to manage your plans.
By default, all new plans are marked as Hidden as soon as they are approved. Before your new plan can be available for purchase on the web, iOS app, and Android app, you need to make it Visible.
- A Hidden Plan is not available for anyone to purchase unless they have been invited to purchase it via a special Share Link.
- A Visible Plan is available for people to purchase. Non-members will be able to purchase plans that you create for an External Audiences (meaning the plan includes a Network Membership) from your Mighty Network's landing page as soon as your plan is visible. This applies to internal plans as well. Once visible, all members of your Mighty Network can see and purchase this plan.
From there, you're all set! Your new plan is available for purchase and you can start earning revenue with your Mighty Network.