If, for any reason, you are not able to use our integrated payments features but you still want to charge for access to your Mighty Network, you can do so using a separate payment gateway that you set up and manage externally from your Mighty Network.
When you go this route, we recommend keeping your Mighty Network private or secret (or keeping any individual Spaces you are selling within your Mighty Network private or secret), then inviting members who pay you externally to get the access you are offering.
You have two options when you choose to process payments externally:
- You can manually manage inviting members into your private or secret Mighty Network and send a direct invite to a new person once they pay you through an external payment gateway. If you are selling access to individual Spaces within your private Mighty Network, you can also invite someone directly into a private or secret Space inside your network. If someone isn't already a member of your overall Mighty Network and they are invited directly into a Spaces, they will first be joined into your overall community via that invite. Afterwards, the Member will then have to click the invite again to successfully join the Spaces they were originally invited to.
- You can automate inviting members into your private or secret Mighty Network using our Zapier integration if the payment gateway that you're using also offers a Zapier integration. Our Zapier integration includes features that will help you automate sending new invites or removing members if needed. If you are selling access to individual Spaces within your private Mighty Network, you can also use Zapier to automate inviting someone directly into a private or secret Space inside your network. If someone isn't already a member of your overall Mighty Network and they are invited directly into a Space, they will be joined into your overall community via that invite as well as the Space.
How to Use Zapier for Automating Invites into Your Mighty Network
Zapier allows you to connect and automate tasks between your Mighty Network and 2,000+ other applications including ThriveCart, PayPal, Hubspot, Salesforce, Mailchimp, Google Docs, and many more. This integration is available on The Business Plan and above.
Before you proceed with the recommendations below, we recommend carefully reviewing our full Zapier documentation here, and following the instructions for how to set up the Zapier integration within your own Mighty Network.
Then, you can set up a Zap that will connect your Mighty Network to your external payment gateway.
Building a Zap
A Zap consists of two parts: a Trigger step and an Action step. A Trigger is any event that sets your Zap in motion, while an Action is the event that is subsequently completed inside a second app.
Each time your Zap runs, it automatically and securely sends information from one app to another app. Your Mighty Network has both Triggers and Actions you can use within a Zap to build the right workflows for your needs.
If you are processing payments externally, these are the two available Actions—results generated after a Trigger happens in another app—that you can set up and use to help you automate inviting and removing members from your Mighty Network based on their payment activity through another app or service:
- Invite Members Action: Automates sending someone an invite to your Mighty Network, or an invite to a Space within your community
- Remove Member Action: Automates removing a member from your Mighty Network, or from a Space within your community
And you can see the full list of Triggers and Actions currently available right here.
How to Set Up a Zap that Automatically Invites Someone Into Your Mighty Network
If you are using an external payment gateway to process payment and want to automate invites into your Mighty Network once someone pays externally, you'll need to set up a Zap with your external payment processor as the Trigger and Mighty Networks as the Action.
For this example, we'll show you how to set up this Zap that will automatically invite someone into your Mighty Network when they make a payment on ThriveCart.
Step 1: Set Up Your Trigger
Selecting your Trigger is the first required step when you are setting up a Zap.
1. Choose App: In this example, the Trigger is happening inside another app—ThriveCart. Therefore, you’ll need to select ThriveCart as the app and sign in to your ThriveCart account. You will also need to connect your ThriveCart account to Zapier following their instructions.
2. Select Trigger Event: Then, you'll need to select the specific Trigger you want to use that ThriveCart has made available. For this example, you'll use the ThriveCart Trigger "Product Purchase," which fires when a specific product (or products) are purchased.
The following steps may involve selecting specific details that you want to capture when this Trigger happens.
You also may be asked to test the connection to ensure there is data inside your Mighty Network that Zapier can use to enable this Zap. Once you’ve successfully tested the connection, you can continue to the next steps.
Step 2: Set Up Your Action
Selecting your Action is the second required step when you are setting up a Zap.
1. Choose App & Event: Because the Action in this example is happening inside your Mighty Network, you’ll need to first select Mighty Networks as the app. Then, select the specific Action you want to use. In this example, we're using the “Invite Members” Action.
2. Choose Account: In this step, you’ll need to select the private or secret Mighty Network you are using for this Zap. As long as you’ve already connected your Mighty Network to Zapier per the integration steps outlined here, you should see this option available in the dropdown menu.
3. Customize Member: This step gives you options for how you want to invite a new member once the Trigger happens in ThriveCart.
If you want the Action to happen in a specific Space inside your Mighty Network, just select the right Space from the dropdown list.
If you want the Action to happen in your main Mighty Network only (for example, you want to invite people into your Mighty Network after they purchase a product on ThriveCart), all you need to do is leave that field blank.
Once you’re finished with this, you may be asked during this step to test the connection to ensure the data gets transferred properly. Then, Zapier will let you know that the Zap is ready to be turned on!
Additional Resources and Support
Zapier offers a comprehensive Help Center you can access here for additional support and guidance around creating Zaps, managing your Zaps, and troubleshooting tricky issues that may arise.