There are two types of administrators in your Mighty Network: Hosts and Moderators.
Here’s how the admin roles break down.
Network Hosts have full access to everything in Network Settings, including the ability to:
- Change all branding and design options (including the Landing Page)
- Turn on and off all premium network features, including Groups and Courses
- Notify all members when adding a new post or using the Message All Members feature
- Access all payments features, including managing the Stripe connection and seeing Income Reports
- Receive notifications when content is flagged
- Download a full member export (if the Mighty Network is on The Business Plan or above)
- Manage the form of payment and subscription to The Business Plan or Community Plan
- Delete the Mighty Network
Network Moderators are a more limited role focused on moderating members, content, and features.
These are the actions a Network Moderator can take:
- Create Quick Posts, Articles, Polls & Questions, and Events if these features are enabled for Hosts and Moderators
- Notify all members when adding a new Quick Post or using the Message All Members feature
- Edit or delete posts created by other members
- Edit and delete comments and replies from other members
- Remove or ban members, including fellow Network Moderators (but not Network Hosts)
- Add, edit, and manage Topics
- View Premium Analytics
- Turn on and off and manage all Premium Features within Network Settings (including Groups and Courses)
- Create Quick Posts, Articles, Polls & Questions, and Events if these features are enabled for Hosts and Moderators to create
- Invite new members, including uploading a CSV and importing contacts
- Approve requests to join
- See and approve or ignore requests to join in a private Mighty Network
- Invite new members as Network Moderators, but not as Network Hosts
- View sent invites, send other people's invite reminders, and revoke other people's invites.
- Welcome new members
- Schedule Posts
These are the actions a Network Moderator cannot take:
- Cannot access the Mighty Checklist or General Settings
- Cannot access or manage payments features, including managing the Stripe connection and seeing Income Reports
- Cannot view or manage the Mighty Network plan or billing data
- Cannot download member data
- Cannot toggle on or off content types like Articles, Questions & Polls, etc.
- Cannot add to or edit the Welcome and Featured Sections
- Cannot manage or reorder Discovery
- Cannot change member roles
- Cannot see email addresses of invites they didn't send.
Network Hosts will always have any of the permissions that Network Moderators would have. With our Free Plan, you can have three Network Hosts. When you upgrade to The Community Plan or The Business Plan, you can add an unlimited number of Hosts and Moderators.
When you add Moderators, you can recruit a team to welcome new members, contribute posts, invite and encourage members, and drive regularly scheduled Events in your community that will make it thrive.
Group Hosts and Course Hosts
Groups can have Group Hosts or Group Moderators, and Courses can also have multiple levels of admins. Read more about how to manage a Group as a Group Host right here, and learn about how to handle Hosts, Moderators, and Instructors in a Course right here.
With groups enabled on The Community Plan or The Business Plan you can also separately assign Host and Moderator permission to a group space. This would give the permissions you see above but only in the group (so Group Hosts could not delete the entire network, for example).
Promoting Members to Network Moderators or Hosts
The creator of a Mighty Network is the very first Network Host. As the Host, you can promote other members to either a Host or a Moderator role.
To do so, go to the “three dot” menu on a member’s profile page, or when you see them in the Members list. From there, hover over a member and click the three dot menu next to their name to change their role like this:
Inviting Network Hosts or Moderators Directly to Your Mighty Network
As a Network Host, you can also invite additional Network Hosts or Moderators directly into your Mighty Network by going to Network Settings > Invite and opening More Options at the bottom.
Then just select the role you want to assign that person when they join:
How Hosts and Moderators Appear in the Mighty Networks Apps
Within the Mighty Networks iOS and Android apps, Network Moderators will display as Hosts and Course and Group Moderators will display as Members. We have plans in a future update to more clearly differentiate these roles in the mobile apps, but in the meantime they should be properly visible and manageable via the web in your Mighty Network.
Using Slack to Monitor your Mighty Network
Your Mighty Network has a Slack integration available for Hosts and Moderators so they can monitor and jump into the activity in your Mighty Network. It's a fantastic way to collaborate privately among Hosts and Moderators, especially on high volume communities. Learn more here about how to set up our Slack integration.