There are two types of administrators in your Mighty Network: Hosts and Moderators.
Here’s how the roles break down:
- Hosts have full access to all the settings in your Mighty Network Settings including:
- This is a powerful role that includes the ability to upgrade, run member subscriptions.
- Change all Mighty Network text and design options (including the Landing Page).
- Turn on and off all network features.
- Send notifications to all members of the network.
- Delete your Mighty Network.
- Moderators are a more limited role focused on moderating members, content, and features.
- Invite, welcome new members, and remove members,
- Edit and delete posts and activity from other members.
- Within your Network Settings, they can add and edit Topics,
- Turn on and off certain features like Groups,
- Add to and edit your Welcome and Featured Sections
- View Premium Analytics.
- Moderators do not have access to plan or billing data, and they are not able to give members free access to a paid Mighty Network.
Hosts have any of the permissions that moderators would have. With our free Mighty Blog, there is one Host. When you upgrade to Mighty Brand or Mighty Business, you can add an unlimited number of Hosts and Moderators.
When you add Moderators, you can recruit a team to welcome new members, contribute posts, invite and encourage members, and drive regularly scheduled Events in your community that will make it thrive.
Group Hosts and Course Hosts
Groups can have Group Hosts or Group Moderators, and Courses can also have multiple levels of admins. Read more about how to manage a Group as a Group Host right here, and learn about how to handle Hosts, Moderators, and Instructors in a Course right here.
With groups enabled on Mighty Brand or Mighty Business you can also separately assign Host and Moderator permission to a group space. This would give the permissions you see above but only in the group (so group hosts could not delete the entire network).
Adding Hosts and Moderators
The creator of a Mighty Network is the very first Host. As the Host, you can promote other members to either a Host or a Moderator role. To do so, go to the “three dot” menu on a member’s profile page or when you see them in your Network Settings > Members list. From there, hover over a member and click the three dot menu next to their name to change their role like this:
Inviting Moderators Directly to Your Mighty Network
As a Host, you can also invites Moderators directly into your Mighty Network by going to Network Settings > Invite and opening More Options at the bottom. Then just check the box to invite:
Use Slack to monitor your Mighty Network
One more thing. Your Mighty Network has Slack integration for Hosts and Moderators to monitor and jump into the activity in your Mighty Network. It's a fantastic way to collaborate privately among Hosts and Moderators, especially on high volume communities. Learn more here.
One other note: at the moment, Slack monitoring only happens at the Mighty Network level, not the Group level. It's not you, it's us. :-)