The All Member Chat feature, available on both the Community and Business Plan, allows Hosts to create a space to chat for all members of the Mighty Network, a Group, or a Course.
To turn on All Member Chat:
- For a Mighty Network, navigate to Network Settings, then Premium Features.
- For a Course or Group, navigate to General Settings within the Group or Course.
After All Member Chat is turned on, the chat will appear at the bottom of the navigation menu and members can click on it to open the conversation on the screen.
You'll also see your All Member Chat listed in the Direct Message dropdown on the upper right corner of your Mighty Network.
On iOS and Android mobile apps, the All Member Chat will appear in the chat list, which will open the conversation within the app.
In the above image of the Mighty Networks mobile app, Hosts & Moderators and Build Your Online Art Business are All Member Chats within the Mighty Network.
Here’s what to know about All Member Chat on your mobile app:
- When an All Member Chat conversation is open in the mobile apps, avatars for all members of the conversation will show across the top of the conversation, ordered by who was most recently active in the Mighty Network, Course, or Group. A green dot overlapping the avatar indicates the member is currently active in the Mighty Network, Course, or Group. Tapping or clicking on a member’s avatar will open your direct message conversation if you have messaged with them before. If not, it will open their profile.
When an All Member Chat conversation appears in the chat list, the avatar for the last member who added a message to the conversation appears and will overlap the icon for the Course, Group, or Mighty Network that the conversation corresponds to.
When a new chat message has been added to an All Member Chat conversation, a notification will appear on the chat icon in the mobile apps. No notification will be sent on mobile or via email.
- All Member Chat will show up at the top of the conversation list when it is turned on. This applies to All Member Chat for a Mighty Network, Groups, and Courses. It means that everyone in your network, or within a Group or Course, will instantly see All Member Chat and will be able to engage in the conversation right away.
- All member chat only appears at the top if it's the most recent message - as soon as there is another message that is more recent, it will no longer appear at the top.
All Member Chat is perfect for scheduling Text Chat Events in your Mighty Network, where members can come together in real-time for a Q&A event or virtual session.
While there isn't video or audio in an event that is designated as a Text Chat, members can share text, images, video links, and emojis in All Member Chat.